Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Lonely Empty Room

I sit in the classroom in Performing arts, this lonely, empty little room. The wind makes the beige shade smack against the tables; the tables that have held so many slices of pizza on plates, Pocky sticks, crying heads on arms, sleeping heads on arms, books, cell phones, and hopes and dreams. It is filled with pianos, upon which we can play to our heart's content and not be judged. This old brown wooden piano beside me, out of tune, scratched, keys chipped and broken, is so beautiful. This room, empty now of decoration and people, looks so lonely

But I am hopeful. Because this empty room only means that next year, there will be another room like this, waiting for me. It will at first be lonely, empty and cold. But soon it will be bright and full of life. The chalkboard will be covered in little drawings and words in many colors. The pianos will play, the tables with hold pizza and Pocky, and Mrs. Bles and Mr. Hewitt will yell at us for misbehaving...and I will be able to love every minute of it.

This year seems like such a finale, such an end. I feel as though nothing could feel more complete, this slow closing of the book. And yet, it was so abrupt and you could hardly see it coming. This year has lasted more than the length it truly has. It has dragged on and on forever.

And while a lot of it was bad, I treasure...I absolutely treasure...every single minute of this year. I found Jasmine. I found Jessie and Kyle, Trish, Sydney, Serena...all my new friends. All my best friends.

I found love. Not in a boy, but in my friendships. This year...while it is only my freshman year and most of these people I will see this summer...it seems so final.

I wanted this year to end so badly.

Now...I just want to start it all over...from the very beginning.

I say farewell to all my friends. All my loves.

Thank you for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment